Describe employment application, resume, job interview.
- A choice of occupation – a difficult decision
- it changes during the life time (in childhood girls usually want to be singers, actresses, teachers etc, boys want to be austronauts, firemen, soldiers etc.)
- a final decision has to be made during the secondary school
- motivation for the selection- influence of parents, relatives,
After finishing the studies – students look for a job
- going through the internet job websites, reading newspaper’s job advertisements, going to the local job centres or employment office; they choose the position which they are interested in and have a right qualification for it.
- contact the potential future employer – fax, post, telephone, e-mail – sending employment application and curriculum vitea (CV)
Employment application consits of
- the reason for writing – applying for the position of……,
- where I have seen the advertisement
- why I am the suitable applicant – my qualifiation, work experience
- I am willing to learn new skills in order to be good at work
CV consists of: personal details / educational background/ working experience / further training / hobbies
- first impression is very important – be dressed appropriately (smart, elegant clothes, not casual, not too atractive)
- be honest, don’t overestimate or underestimate yourself
- try to answer the question clearly, not too many details, talk briefly and clearly
- don’t talk about money unless you are asked
- don’t mention a lot of conditions under which you are willing to work (some of them you may)
Can you name any jobs that can be dangerous?
- a doctor – he may get ill, may be infected, may be accused of the wrong decision
- a rescue worker – he has to make a quick and righ decision, he may be hurt
- a fireman – he might be injured, seriously hurt, even fattaly injured physically and mentally demanding job
- a soldier, a sailor – he might be injured, seriously hurt, even fattaly injured physically and mentally demanding job
- a pilot – has to be punctual, he can’t make a mistake, right decisions are important
- a flight attendant
- a stunt man, a circus performer – a danger of injuries
- a miner
Neručíme za správnosť ani za pôvod študijných materiálov.